I am an editor and take on occasional work proofing original manuscripts. For a sample of books I have edited and references, jump to the bottom of this post.
I will generally read your manuscript through twice. The first time I will be reading for grammar, sentence structure, accuracy, spelling, etc. The second time I will be reading for clarity, content, cohesiveness, and plot (fiction).
- sentence structure
- accuracy of facts
- ease of reading
- depth of characters – if there are things that are glaring, I will point them out
Prices will be negotiated depending on content, genre, and amount of editing needed. I will happily give you an estimate if you will send me a sample of 10-20 pages of your manuscript, preferably a rough, unpublished draft, so that I can gauge how much editing will be required. My average editing speed is 10 pages per hour.
I generally prefer to have an entire manuscript in hand and printed, so that I can pay attention to the entire structure. I prefer to make my edits by hand on paper, but for an additional fee I will also make those edits in an electronic version of the manuscript in a format that allows for review before accepting changes. Additional rounds of new drafts will be an additional fee.
A caveat: this is not my full time job; if you are looking for fast turn-around, discuss that with me. I average about 30 pages per week since I work full time.
- The Art of Listening Prayer: Finding God’s voice amidst life’s noise by Seth Barnes. Praxis Press, 2005.
- Revolution of the Broken Heart: Your private pain and God’s big picture by Seth Barnes. Adventures in Missions, 2009.
- The Warrior’s Journal: Winning the Sacred Struggle by Seth Barnes. Praxis Press, 2005.
- Chiefs (Tom West Series), by James Rogers. Amazon, 2011
- Fall From Grace (Tom West Series), by James Rogers. Amazon, 2012
- The Ultimate Offense (Tom West Series), by James Rogers. Amazon, 2013.
- Resurrection, by James Rogers. Amazon, 2014.
Please message me via social media for more informationFollow me on Social Media